Following on the previous post, here are the candlesticks. I like their shape, but I have too many. I just don't use candles very often, and that is not likely to change. If you are interested in any for yourself or for gifting, let me know. Some of these were my mother's, some I acquired. The holes into which you stick candles are not uniformly sized. I've learned "museum clay" works to hold candles relatively upright. I think my mother used Playdoh. Anything I don't keep or give to a friend will go to an upscale thrift shop in Bethesda.
 |
| The set |
 |
Contemporary, gift Cherry wood, glass and aluminum |
 |
Ikea, not in good shape, but I get a kick seeing how they derive from the blue danish ones below. |
 |
| Pewter, possibly old? Possibly Danish? |
 |
| Tallish, skinny brass. Maybe from India? |
 |
| Substantial, heavy brass |
 |
Danish modern They don't match exactly, were bought at different times |
 |
| Pewter, old |
 |
| Ikea, shown for completeness |
I like them too, but I too don’t light candles much. Need light more than antmoshere. Instead I have more and more led lamps!
ReplyDeleteI would gladly take and use or regift to girls ANY you are willing to part with. I would gladly pay you for it or donate to Planned Parenthood in Marilyn's memory. All but Ikea candlesticks and if that is too greedy, you decide!
ReplyDeletegod dang it, Kim again!
ReplyDeletealso, "museum clay" -- learning this is worth its weight in gold. I almost burned down the house this morning. doing my colonoscopy prep at 3 am by candlelight, lit candle fell over onto table. Luckily I spotted it and wasn't sitting in the bathroom at that moment! !
ReplyDelete