I worked twenty-two years at the same agency. It appears government agencies like to give out awards left and right - some would say as opposed to just paying people what they are worth. At any rate, I got lots, some of which I really valued and others I thought were hardly deserved. The "hardly deserved" might be because my own contribution was trivial, or else because the accomplishment itself was very dubious (though politically important), or both.
 |
1997: This was a big project,
and my first introduction to government awards. |
 |
1997: This was the beginning of my cynicism.
This wasn't worth it. |
 |
| 1999: This was a personal award, for having worked in a temporary promotion that didn't come with any money. I guess better than nothing. |
 |
| 2000: OK |
 |
| 2000: 0k |
 |
2001: This is something that was very important to me - and to the country.
One of the untold stories of the aftermath of 9/11.
|
 |
| 2006: A lot of work, but not successful. |
 |
| 2007: A very large team. |
 |
| 2009: This is one of the things of which I am most proud. I know my personal contribution made a difference. This was a safety rule that prevents accidents like TWA800 from happening again. | |
 |
| 2010: I care about this especially because she became a friend. |
 |
2017: I worked hard, and had a leadership role. I have stories... |
You too funny. The vibe I always got was mgrs/admin need to have projects, furthering the work of their unit not enough, their rating depends on it. So the project based awards very common. Except my very brief foray into mgmt, I was on production and not project based. I think I have some certificates for early work at home. Anyway, I love titles of your projects, they give a little glimpse as to how you spent your days. Some were very bid indeed! And we should have a bloggers bash devoted to FAA stories.
ReplyDeleteXxx
Liz
War risk insurance for airlines, following the terrorist attacks. All I can say is wow. And how very important. Thank you for all of your smarts and hard work, Nan. xo
ReplyDelete